Chief Resource Geologist at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
Chief Resource Geologist at AngloGold Ashanti Limited ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill … The post Chief Resource Geologist at AngloGold Ashanti Limited appeared first on NewWebGh.
Chief Resource Geologist at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
- Position: Chief Resource Geologist
- Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
- Number of Position(s): One (1)
- Department: Geology
- Firstly, To oversee mineral resource modeling and estimation in support of the Long-term Mine Planning and Exploration strategy.
- Secondly, Conduct geological modelling and mineral resource evaluation of Iduapriem ore bodies in accordance with best practices.
- Thirdly, Ensure sound models are used for business planning and annual Mineral Resource reporting in line with international reporting codes. Scheduling and delivery of integrated planning models.
- Moreover, Technical support in the monthly reconciliation process, analysis, and implementation of corrective actions in the mine-to-mill reconciliation process. Calculation of planning factors that influence life-of-mine budget.
- Furthermore, Supervision of drillhole database and sampling QAQC
- More so, Mentorship of the team members in geological modelling and mineral resource evaluation
- Then, Optimization of grade control estimation parameters
- Also, Drill spacing studies
- Afterwards, Assistance with mining property and projects valuations
- Finally, Cross-functional support to exploration, geology, mining engineering, metallurgy and other functions where required.
- Develop and maintain processes to provide a safe workplace to all employees and external service providers working within area of accountability
- Prepare Mineral Resource estimate reports in line with international reporting code guidelines, i.e., JORC (2012), NI 43-101
- Undertake Mineral Resource estimates using 3D computer methodologies for projects at various stages of development in accordance with international best practices.
- Assist with the Mineral Resource (and possibly Mineral Resource/Reserve) audits associated with multi-disciplinary studies in Technical Audits or Competent Persons Reports levels
- Evaluate laboratories used for sample analysis and relevant analysis of Quality Assurance-Quality Control (QA-QC) measures
- Collecting, recording, and cataloging of geological samples; core logging, QA-QC (Quality Assurance-Quality Control) analysis and interpretation of results, and compilation of formal technical geological reports.
- Continuous working to mitigate environmental risks, prevent pollution, minimise waste, increase carbon efficiency and make efficient use of natural resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, Geosciences, or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Mineral Resource estimation.
- Competence in one or more software packages such as Datamine, Surpac, Gemcom, Leapfrog, or Vulcan.
- Should have knowledge in other database soft wares e.g., Fusion and Acquire
- Professional registration with a recognized international body e.g., AUSIMM, AIG, GhIG, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of international Mineral Resource and Reserve Reporting Codes
- Demonstrated capability in organizing work, setting priorities, and exercising sound independent judgement
- Ability to work effectively with people, including high performing professional teams
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Preparedness to take a well-reasoned stand on matters of importance
- Must have strong desire to coach and develop others by sharing skills and knowledge
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Must possess very strong human relations skills and ability to interact with people of diverse culture and value
- Medical fitness for the position and environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicle
- Compliance with statutory requirements to sign off as a CP for mineral resources.
- Proficient user of Leapfrog and Datamine
- Sound understanding of scripting and/or macro writing principles
- Technical acumen and analytical thinking.
Closing Date : 12th Oct, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings